Monday, February 1, 2010

$$ Taking control $$

I can't afford to pay for school. A glance at my checking account makes that painfully obvious. Then again, most people can't afford to pay for school on their own. That's what grants and loans are for. But to get access to that money, you have to fill out the dreaded FAFSA.

FAFSA stands for "Free Application for Federal Student Aid." And it is free to fill out - except that time is money, and the FAFSA can take a good while to complete. Plus, you have to have already filed your taxes. Which take even longer.

At least, that's what I thought. But thanks to the electronic age and the ability to do everything online, I e-filed my taxes in about an hour (three thumbs up, TurboTax!), and filled out the FAFSA in half that time.

Whew.

Now I just need to get accepted to Dominican so I can use the loan money I'll (hopefully) be approved for ...

No comments:

Post a Comment