Saturday, November 3, 2012

IFLS Helps Make Facebook Worth the Trouble

IFLS: The Facts

Founder: Elise Andrew (employed by LabX Media Group, which owns LabWrench and publishes Lab Manager Magazine and The Scientist)

Description: A community built for the posting and sharing of scientific updates, quotes, cartoons, jokes and photographs. We're dedicated to bringing the amazing world of science straight to your newsfeed in an amusing and accessible way. Tell us what makes you say "wow!"

Facebook Page "Likes": 1.6 million

Alternate site: If our name bothers you, please see our mirror page here: 
http://www.facebook.com/
ScienceIsSeriouslyAwesome

Source: IFLS FB page
Like many people, I have mixed feelings about Facebook. There are definitely pros and cons associated with this social networking site.

But, like hundreds of millions of other people in the world, I have decided it's worth the trouble. I love keeping up with old friends, yes, espeically the ones who live far away and now have little kiddos I never get to see. But also in great part because of one single FB page: I f***ing Love Science, aka "IFLS." (Note: There most definitely is an expletive in that title, which I have asterisked out. Not that doing so hides it very well ... )

With so many FB pages out there, so many people posting photos and status updates, why do I care about this particular one? Because it appeals to the scientist in me. In so many ways.

IFLS posts are sometimes hilarious, sometimes poignant, sometimes thought-provoking, sometimes informational, sometimes ridiculous (or a mix thereof).

I don't pay heed to every single post from IFLS - there are quite a few every day - but I make sure to at least glance through them when I'm taking a study break and in need of a hearty laugh or some inspiration.

In this blog post, I present a few recent photos posted by IFLS. Happy viewing ...








1 comment:

  1. Thanks For sharing the Information. I Really Like Your Blog. You have Sharing the Good Information.


    closest urgent care

    ReplyDelete